OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am trying to decide whether to go in for a test for

Customer Question
Hi! I am trying to...
Hi! I am trying to decide whether to go in for a test for bacterial vaginosis. I just started my period and have a fair amount of blood, so I am guessing a culture will be ineffective. Your thoughts?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I just had an IUD put in a month ago, and so this is my second period since then, and I have had much spotting in between. Otherwise, I am fairly regular and have ordinary cramps.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Thanks for this question

I'm Dr Phil, licensed and practicing MD with over 10 years experience

I would still go in for the test.

They can still get a good sample to check for clue cells and a culture even with blood

Should be fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor