Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

What is the best pain relief option for child birth for

Customer Question

What is the best pain relief option for child birth for someone who has vertigo issues. I took a half a xanax and it gave me vertigo so I am very scared of medications. I also have nausea pretty bad too. What should I do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

In the presence of vertigo , best pain relief medication are NSAID like Tab Advil twice a day .

As use of pain killers like Tramadaol , or Opiod analgesics will worse vertigo .

So please get Advil .

Maintain good hydration .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But during labor??? Is there anything better than advil that can be used? I don't think advil will help during labor Lol.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Ok during Labor it would be ideal to go for Spinal injection , this will best as you are not candidate for Opioid analgesic so spinal injection is best option .

Discuss this option with your Gynecologist

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the epidural the same thing as a spinal? Would an epidural with fetanyl be safe for someone with vertigo?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Yes epidural injection , this is medical term used for :)

I think you should go for that .

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything that can be given for anxiety during labor for someone who is afraid of vertigo
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Yes Injection Lorazepam can be used for short term anxiety management .

This is good for that .

Regards .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Are you there ...