OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago Removing my uterus and left

Customer Question
Hello I had a hysterectomy 2...
Hello
I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago
Removing my uterus and left ovary
I woke up today and i am bleeding, i am not sure why as i shouldnt be bleeding
I havent had sex recently
U gave attached photos for your infoWhat could this be
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
8/17/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, ObGyn.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No reply ?
Did they remove the cervix along with the uterus? If they did then you might have some granulation scar tissue that's bleeding some. You need to be seen and examined.
Can you tell if it's from vagina or urethral opening. Even a hemorrhoid?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still have my cervix
I was cut for surgery, it was not vaginal
You were told they left the cervix? We sometimes leave the cervix or remove it when the hysterectomy is done thru the belly. If you still have the cervix that may be what's bleeding and needs to be looked at.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the cervix
It was left - not removedIts a shock to have blood- not expected
I have period like pains - i know that sounds weird
If you bleed needing a pad then should go to emergency otherwise an office visit.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN