OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I just finished using metronidazole gel due to my ph

Customer Question
Hi i just finished using...
Hi i just finished using metronidazole gel due to my ph problem, and by day 3 i had a white and brown cottage cheese discharge xome out, then yesterday day 5 i had a bloody discharge. I have Mirena sincw 01/2015 and i never had to use the gel. But I've been burning on the outside a little since this morning. Is everything ok
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: I'm sorry. I could be better. I had horrible nausea and diarrhea while on it, and i just checked but i am still bleeding.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: The burning since yesterday during the day. Plus today. Basically when i started bleeding.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I just started seeing this doctor and did my annual pap when they noticed it. I didn't drink any alcohol or have sex while on it. But I've had bacteria vaginosis before, and never had this gel.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/11/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

You need to return to your Gynecologist for the bleeding. This is not caused by the Bacterial Vaginosis.The status of the Mirena needs to be evaluated. If you can't get to see your Gynecologist, you should go to an Urgent Care Center. I am here to answer any additional questions. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars, this is how I am credited for my response.

Did you schedule an appointment with your Gynecologist?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor