OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

What percentage of papillary tumors are benign?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
8/10/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. DAvid

cystoscopy is looking into the bladder.

papillary tumors in the bladder are almost always cancerous

but 90% are superficial bladder cancers

which have high cure rates with resection of bladder tumor off the bladder wall

only a small percentage of 10% have muscle invasion which are more serious and need more advanced treatment like radiation or total removal of the bladder.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor