OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant today. I had unprotected sex

Customer Question
Hi there... I'm currently 22...
Hi there... I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant today.
I had unprotected sex (Withdrawal method) from 18th - 21st of January'16 with Guy A. Took Plan B because I was afraid of pre-ejaculation. (Morning after pills) on the 22nd of Jaunary'16.
Had my Period 1st week of Feburary (It was normal, no spotting, lasted only 3 days which is normal for me, I've irregular period.)
I had unprotected sex with Guy B on the 28th of Feb'16 and on the 6th of Mar'16.
I can't remember which of this 2 dates he did ejaculated into me, but I can assure that it is definitely 1 of this 2 dates.
I found out I was pregnant via a pregnancy kit on the 3rd of Apr'16 and went for an ultrasound on the 5th of Apr'16. My gynae gave me an EDD of 6th Dec'16 - I was 5 Weeks 3 Days Pregnant.
Subsequently, I went for my 9 Week 6 Days Scan and EDD is still 6th of Dec'16, 12 Week 4 Days scan EDD is still 6th of Dec'16, 14 Week 1 Day scan EDD is also still 6th of Dec'16.
I actually spoke to my gynae about this issue and he told me that it is obvious that I conceived in Mar'16.
But I still have doubts..
Just wondering, who is the father of my baby? Guy A or Guy B? And how accurate is EDD from Ultrasound?
Please help... This is killing me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am worried, if Plan B actually delay conception or implantation?And the 3 day period that I had the 1st week of Feb, could it be implantation bleeding instead?... Or is it my period?As mentioned, I am currently 22 weeks pregnant now, and my EDD is still the same. No changes at all.
8/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Anil Kumar

In my opinion Guy B is the father.

Ultrasound is fairly accurate.

I totally agree with your obs/gyn doctor.

You already have period in 1st week of Feb after having sex with Guy A in Jan and also took plan B.

I think you are getting anxious and this is a clear cut case and Guy B is the father.

Totally agree with your obs/gyn doctor.

I hope this helps

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dr Anil,Thanks for the reply.There's no way to have a delayed conception or implantation for a month right? (Taking the break in Feb'16 as a month)And does the GA from Ultrasounds adds 2 weeks? Or its a confirmed GA age with no addition of 2 weeks?Because I know that gyn actually adds 2 weeks... Sigh...

Ultrasound measurement of the embryo or fetus in the first trimester is the most accurate method to establish or confirm gestational age.

No way to have delayed conception or implantation for a month.

GA by ultrasound co-relates with the LMP.

If you are calculating from conception date than yes you will have to add 2 weeks.

The machines usually give calculation from LMP.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
May I help you further?
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor