OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Dear Doctor, I'm in need of your expertise and recommend.

Customer Question
Dear Doctor, I'm in need of...
Dear Doctor,
I'm in need of your expertise and recommend.
I'm a 67 years old well educated female with no prior history of abnormal Pap.
Here is the chain of events:
1- 5/2016-endometrial cells on pap arranged a colposcopy.
2- 6/2016- not able to do the procedure. Could not enter cervix ( i'v never delivered a vaginal birth or have been pregnancy)
3-6/2016- ordered transabdominal and transvaginal US. Results:uterus normal size, antereverted in position, endometrial thickness 0.2 and echogenicity w/o mass.
Summery: three fibroids in a normal size uterus largest 0.9 cm. No other abnormalities of pelvis detected.
4- gynecologist Office called with report a said to schedule a annual in May 2017.
5- PCP wasn't satisfied with gynie waiting one yr and wanted another PAP!! That she wanted to do
6- while doing pap she sees cervical dysphasia (top 1/4 ) and mucoid discharge !!
She wants to refer me to her gyn friend for further Treatment.
I've seen the same gyn for 20yrs and never heard the word cervical dysphasia.
My gyn is very highly respected at the university for which she is affiliated .
Direction Please!!!Your input will be highly respected.
Sincerely ***** ***** you,
Kathy Agresti
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/30/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

this is Dr. David

there is no such thing as cervical dysphagia

there is cervical dysplasia which is a precancerous condition in which abnormal cell growth occurs on the surface lining of the cervix or endocervical canal.

this is only seen on pap smear looking at cells taken off of the cervix after a pap smear.

I would trust your gyn doctor

if you are not agreeing with your pcp, you may have to find a new primary care doctor

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor