Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I had my tubes tied in 2006, My period is on a 30 day cycle

Customer Question

I had my tubes tied in 2006, My period is on a 30 day cycle which means my period should have started on the 24th of this month. On the 27th I had pink spotting all day when I wiped no pad needed. On the 28th pink spotting all day but with red spots of blood no pad needed. I woke up out of my sleep to use the restroom this morning (which is not normal for me) I slept with a light day just in case anything crazy happened. Basically i woke up to watery dark red blood but still scanty but enough to now need a pad. I'm so confused on if this is a weird period or not. My normal cycle is I spot about an hour bf my flow happens which has always been heavy from day 1 I usually don't have the spotting until about the last day. I took a hpt the first day of spotting , that on my account was negative because i could barely see a line.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: just spurts of cramps but not like my normal period cramps. I'm normally doubled over with pain. They are pretty regular I've always had 30 day cycles.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 33 yrs old I have had 4 normal pregnancies 1 ending in mc between pregnancies.Recently fatigued, nausea only sometimes, hot flashes for about 4 days.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

the hormonal cycle is a very sensitive process which can be influenced by many factors, even stress or climate changes can play a role. So the procedure you describe is a quite normal variation and really no reason to worry. Just wait and see.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

A change in your period is a reason to contact your doctor.

Changes can be, as you have stated, pregnancy.

Other problems can be at work

stress

thyroid problems

Other medical problems

Liver or kidney problems.

weight loss or gain

a resetting of the cycle due to medications, hormones, etc.

Hormonal influences are the most common.

If you are really concerned about pregnancy, the home pregnancy test is accurate when your period is due.

A blood test does not fail.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to JustAnswer.

This is a different expert.

I am a double board certified US doctor and I will answer your question, which I think is: could you be pregnant. Yes, but unlikely.

Other problems can be at work

stress

thyroid problems

Other medical problems

Liver or kidney problems.

weight loss or gain

A blood test does not fail.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

As a gynecologist I can reassure you that after tubal ligation pregnancy is excluded in this case. There´s no need to visit your doctor, just await the further progression.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,