OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm 49 and spotting weekly for two months now....

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/26/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Are you having any hot flashes?

Mood changes?

Night sweats?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having spotting weekly for two months now can be due to perimenopause.

Women normally go through perimenopause between ages 45 and 55.Menopause officially occurs when you have not had a period for one year.

Spotting weekly since last 2 months is most likely because of this.

The treatment varies from estrogen and progesterone therapy,oral contraceptive pills,local (vaginal) hormone treatments,Antidepressant medications,plant estrogens (phytoestrogens, isoflavones.

Eat healthy & nurtrious.Take nutrious diet containing good amount of iron,calcium,magnesium,multivitamins.

So bot***** *****ne is that it is normal to have such type of spotting due to perimenopause before your menstrual cycle ceases completely.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Is there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor