OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have had on going bladder issues this past two months

Customer Question
..one round of microbic and...
i have had on going bladder issues this past two months ..one round of microbic and one round of another type of antibiodic can't remember the name ... i still feel pressure and ca never fully empty my bladder :( its tender to wipe as well..im worried about bladder cancer ... I'm 55 and I'm hoping its only related to menopausal issues ?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: minocyline for acne ativan on occasion zopiclone to sleep and synthroid as i have no thyroid. yes I've been referred to a urologist , in the mean time I'm stressing ! could it have to do with menopausal stuff ? and what can i take to relieve the pain in the mean time
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: two months , peeing relieves pressure for a bit ... i have had kids so i know what a catheter feels like so it feels like I've just had one removed and it feels slightly pinched feeling , ice pac numbs it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no I've gone to him for 30 year i recently had ll std checked to rule out that stuff all clear . I'm more freaked out as my mom is currently battling very advanced uterine cancer with one year to live ... ugh i thought i was just being hyper sensitive but no.... its like a bladder infection that won't clear up
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/26/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Did you have a urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity test done?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Urine culture yes. Not sure what a sensitity test is ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've had macrobid and the next one was called ciproflaxen ? That helped a little but not fully .. I've had bladder issues over the years random bladder infections but it always clears up ... It sleays was pressure and stinging but this time I can never fully Emoty my bladder ?

Dear customer,

What was the result of the urine culture?

When was it done?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wasn't told , my doctor simply referred me to a urologist

Dear customer,

First of all your doctor needs to make sure that there is indeed an infection. He/she should discuss the results of the investigations with you. Then your doctor (if there is an infection) needs to consider an antimicrobial sensitivity test done on the urine culture to know which antibiotic is best suited for you. This is because resistance may develop to antibiotics. If there is no infection further imaging studies need to be done to know if there is any structural cause for your symptoms.

Take care.

Dear customer,

If you have no further questions, please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor