How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1937
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an alcoholic and have been to treatment, therapy, and

Customer Question

I am an alcoholic and have been to treatment, therapy, and it is getting worse. I heard a Ted talk from a woman who used naltrexone which helped her lose interest in drinking.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. The drug Naltrexone is being used to help people drink less and also lose interest in alcohol. Your doctor can counsel and prescribe this medication. Also, some Psychiatrists are prescribing Baclofen to help reduce the desire to drink heavily. Discuss both with your doctor. I hope this is helpful. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can not prescribe it to me? The ad I clicked on said get a prescription written by a doctor online. I don't have insurance and just would like a prescription for the pills you take.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but we cannot prescribe any medication from this site. You can go to an Urgent Care Center (no insurance needed) and discuss getting a prescription for one of these medications with the doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a prescription. The ad I clicked on said I can get one from Just Answer. That is false advertising.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Please contact [email protected] for help.