How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1839
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had anal sex with someone this week and ever since

Customer Question

Hi, I have had anal sex with someone this week and ever since then I have been constipated as well as small sores have arised. We didn't use any lubrication whatsoever so the pain was excruciating. I have tried googling herpes to see if this is something it could be however found that they look like blisters whereas mine are small sores around the anus. Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. The sores can be a form of STI even herpes without blisters. Go to an Urgent Care Center now for evaluation. If it is herpes the faster you begin anti-viral medication, the better chance of fewer recurrences. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Stan,Is there any other thing it could be? I looked up fissures, sores and skin tagsI've booked in a doctor when I'm home as I'm currently away on travels which is why I've written on here which is in two days
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

It is not skin tags. Anal fissures from trauma are typically linear and go into the rectum. It is too soon to be gonococcal or syphilis. Chlamydia does not present this way, so I must conclude Herpes. The two day wait is not in your best interest, but if that is the only alternative, it is better than not being evaluated. Try applying an antibiotic such as Bacitracin to the area until you get to your doctor.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.


Do you have any other questions?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Are you seeing a doctor today?