How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr David Your Own Question
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 45981
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am experiencing pain when I have sex...kind of like a

Customer Question

I am experiencing pain when I have sex...kind of like a stinging sensation...I am 53 years old and had my uterus removed approx 3 years ago. I thought the problem could be some kind of infection however I do not appear to have any other outward symptoms such as discomfort from itch, smell, discharge, etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

at your age, you could be having declines of your estrogen levels which can lead to vaginal dryness

which can cause pain and stinging when you are having sex.

you should use more lubricant during sex like KY Jelly.

you should also ask your doctor about vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness which can cause pain during sex

there are treatments for this including vaginal estrogen creams and suppositories which can help improve vaginal moisture.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using