Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I just recently had my yearly skin check and a skin

Customer Question

I just recently had my yearly skin check and a skin carcinoma was found on my lower leg on my shin bone. I was showering and just for some weird reason decided to check inside my legs way up high and noticed 3 blackish/bllue freckles or moles on the outside of my vaginal area....outside of the lips. Should I show these to my dermotologist when this carcinoma is removed? Or should I just go to my gynecologist first and have her do the biopsy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it would be appropriate to show these to the Dermatologist when the leg cancer is removed. If you did not already have the Dermatologist appointment, the usual approach would be to arrange an appointment with your OBGyn, but since you already have the appointment with the Dermatologist, he/she would be able to identify whether it a worrisome growth.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.