OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been undergoing fertility treatments for several

Customer Question
Hi, I have been undergoing fertility...
I have been undergoing fertility treatments for several months including chlomid and ovidrel injections. My doctor was allowing me to do unmonitored following a month of normal monitored cycles due to insurance not covering. This month I took chlomid days 3-7 and I gave the ovidrel injection day 14 (as I had the last two months because my ovulation is like clock work.) For the last three months I have given my self the shot on this day and had to an catch an early flight and couldn't take the refrigerated medication with me so I gave myself the trigger shot that morning before my flight without testing again for ovulation. Will this cause any problems? I am pregnant now and just want to make sure I didn't cause any harm. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
7/19/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

You need to discuss these things with your doctor.

It is not likely that the trigger shot is going to cause harm.

The hormone is normally produced during pregnancy. [hcg].

I would talk to your doctor asap, however, to make sure he is on board.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas