How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 56575
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im worrying about amount of blood im 51 on tranazemic acid

Customer Question

hi im worrying about amount of blood im 51 on tranazemic acid have ptsd makes me panic more
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: im worrying about heavy period
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have m.e meniers ptsd the ptsd is triggered by bleeding im 51 on trazenemic acid 3 months ago flooded went in ambulance was put on trazenemic acid worked well. day 2 sometimes leak on pad through tampon but tampons are not full im scared ill heamorhage but gp says normal in perimenopause ptsd makes me panic
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

any other medical issues?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


A heavier than usual period can be from any of the following.

Hormonal changes: most common.


Perimenopause. It will become more irregular.

Thyroid problems, liver or kidney problems.

Fibroids or other uterine problems.

It sounds like this is not new.

The main thing is to check a CBC and iron levels to make sure you are not anemic from bleeding.

And decide what the underlying cause is.

I suspect that most likely this is perimenopause.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

I would get in with your OBGYN ASAP

This needs checked

The most common cause would be fibroids

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

welcome :)

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

if you have more questions, just reply