DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I cut myself last week shaving I didn't know now it's

Customer Question

I cut myself last week shaving I didn't know now it's infected and hurts I took a sits bath just now with Epsom salt should I use neosporim
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: A couple of days I thought it was an ingrown hair so I was messing with it I know that was stupid. I used neosporim yesterday so it doesn't hurt anymore but I looked and it's still yellow just a little spot were I cut it i think the sweat from it being hot outside infected it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I did this before lol on my clit oh boy it healed but I think I'm done with shaving
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Neosporin, if there is infection is useless.

Staph bacteria is too resistant to it.

See your doctor, or any doctor, for a prescription for mupiricin, which has much better staph coverage.

Glad to look at a picture here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that a cream
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here