OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had sex a week ago using a condom, he pulled out a the

Customer Question
end, but I have spotting...
I had sex a week ago using a condom, he pulled out a the end, but I have spotting a week later and it's been going on for 2 days now. My period isn't supposed to come for a week yet. Should I be worried?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also I'm on the pill
7/17/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

It is possible that this could be implantation bleeding.

However, if you are on the pill, he used a condom.....chances are almost zero that this is the case.

In fact, they are about zero on the pill. And even closer with the pill and condom.

I do not think you are pregnant.

You can get spotting for all sorts of hormonal reasons, even from being on the pill in some cases.

So this is a time to call your doctor for exam.

Things can be thrown off by

stress

weight loss or gain

other hormonal problems such as thyroid

any illness.

Problems in the uterus such as fibroids should also be ruled out.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician