OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure from your answer if

Customer Question
you are specifically a fertility...
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure from your answer if you are specifically a fertility expert which is who I would prefer to hear from if possible. I do understand that the retrieval of mature eggs is one of the most crucial things and appreciate the progesterone-based symptoms I mentioned can be attributable to the IVF process in general, and that we can't really compare it with a natural cycle, however, my blood tests show what I deemed to be a higher than normal progesterone level before I even triggered, so along with these symptoms, I was concerned and I did ask in my question what causes this to happen. I have undergone 2 other IVFs and did not get these symptoms and my progesterone was much lower at trigger. If you look online, there are literally thousands of articles and studies as to why raised progesterone levels can affect the IVF outcome (studies tend to concentrate on levels over 1.5ng/ml at trigger which I'm slightly under) so surely there is something underlying in this? Progesterone rising in effect earlier than actual ovulation may cause things to become out of sync which makes sense as I didn't think progesterone should really rise much until after ovulation. I also asked for feedback on trigger times based on my blood results. While I appreciate your very quick reply, I can't ascertain from your fair generic answer that you are a specific fertility expert which is who I ideally needed to answer my question in more detail. Whether your wife had the same hormone levels as me which is a big coincidence, isn't really for discussion here! If you can let me know your actual speciality and perhaps forward me to someone specifically in the fertility field, I think that may be of more use for me at this time. Thank you very much but your answer is just a bit generic for what I was wanting.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/14/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified