How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 64618
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister has a medical question that she wanted me to ask.

Customer Question

My sister has a medical question that she wanted me to ask. There is a tear on the inside of her buttocks that appears to be a hole. What could this mean and what should she do? I suggested that she go see a doctor right away.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

It it at the top, right at the top of the line between each side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


It's called a polonidal cyst.

It forms right at the tip of the tailbone or therabouts.

It usually needs to be fixed surgically.

Here is information from the mayo clinic.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here