OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Ive been missing my period for a few months since i got off

Customer Question
birth control and have only...
ive been missing my period for a few months since i got off birth control and have only seen some spotting once or twice, ive also been having unprotected sex but i havent been experiencing pregnancy symptoms expect the missed periods but i dont know if thats still from my previous birth control or not, what do you think?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/9/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

I would recommend a urine home test from pharmacy to exclude pregnancy for sure. If it turns out negative, a hormonal imbalance is very likely the reason for missing the period. Then please visit your OB/GYN for examination, depending on the result, using a BC pill could resolve the problem.

Ülease don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele