OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am having some trouble rmy clitoris. It is inflamed,

Customer Question
Hello, I am having some trouble...
I am having some trouble rmy clitoris. It is inflamed, itchy, and swollen. It burns after i stand up and move around. It started after sexual activity with my boyfriend and i thought it was just too much friction, but it has gotten worse and im worried it has gotten too irritated since. My boyfriend observed a small cut just inside my clitoral hood. It is mostly my clitoral hood that is inflamed. I went in the ocean and thats when the irritation got worse. I have tried anti itch cream, but it still has no effect. What do you recommend?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/8/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

if the symptoms continue or even are getting worse, it can´t be only a small injury, an infection then is much more likely. So I would recommend a check-up by your OB/GYN, treatment then depends on the result.

Hope you get well soon, please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele