OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Is it safe te have unprotected sex during my period? My man

Customer Question
worries about his penis getting...
Is it safe te have unprotected sex during my period? My man worries about his penis getting infected.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am okay with it but my man thinks its not safe.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
7/8/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thank you for your question. I’d be happy to assist you.

Menstrual blood can transmit STDs and HIV, exposing the partner to greater risk. Also, many women with Herpes experience flare-ups during menstruation, making themselves more vulnerable to HIV or other STD infection through open sores and their partner more vulnerable to Herpes.

If you have no history of STD in both partners then it's safe to have unprotected sex during period.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor