OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am 18 weeks pregnant and have blood in the urine. I have

Customer Question
I am 18 weeks pregnant...
I am 18 weeks pregnant and have blood in the urine. I have gone for the scans all is clear the kidneys, bladder. There are no kidney stones. Infection level is 17. The urine was cultured and all came back clear.The urologist wants to do a scope.My concern is the anaestatic safe for the baby.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/6/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

They will use safe anesthetic.

Do you know what they plan to use?

I can give you more details.

If not, I can assure you there are safer choices.

And you should ask them specifically.

In addition, why do they want to do it now and not wait, another question should ask.

What I am thinking is that they will use a local anesthetic.

This will make the urethra numb.

There is no reason to use a general, particularly if pregnant.

This should not cause problems.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There has been blood in the urine for about 21 days now. I also had a miscarriage about a year ago. The doctor said that he will use general aneastatic. The doctor says that he cannot wait because to have blood in the urine for 21 days is too long. What are the safer choices.

General can be safe.

Using a local to make the urethra numb would be safer, if they can do that

I would ask.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician