OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am not interested in sex at all I am never in the mood and

Customer Question
do not get satisfaction out...
I am not interested in sex at all I am never in the mood and do not get satisfaction out of it. Why is that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/5/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, there are few causes of lack of sexual desire in women, It becomes important to evaluate the cause. Possible reasons are-

-Anaemia
-Mostly it is due to a decrease in the hormone levels (estrogen and progesterone).

Additionally, symptoms such as vaginal dryness may also affect your attitude and desire towards sex negatively. Due to lack of estrogen often women suffer from atrophic Vaginitis.

If there is associated vaginal dryness( Due to lack of estrogen) water based lubricant can be considered apart from hormonal creams (Estrogen Creams) prescribed by doctor. It has been helpful.

Water based lubricants like K-Y Jelly helps by reducing dryness and making sex more enjoyable, thereby increasing your interest in sexual activities.

You should take proper rest and take adequate sleep .
Psychological causes like stress, anxiety, depression, mood swings, insomnia can also cause loss of libido.
Stress, such as financial stress or work stress can cause loss of libido.

Hormonal imbalance, is the most likely cause, So you are getting irregular periods. You need to get blood tests, to check for hormone levels.

Also I would make clear that A high proportion of women do eventually achieve a return to normal libido, after evaluation of right cause.

At this time, you need to talk with a sex therapist or counselor skilled in addressing sexual concerns and discuss this issue.
You would also need prescription of Hormone therapy .
Estrogen can be delivered throughout your whole body — by pill, patch or gel, it would be helpful to increase sexual desire.

Also, Smaller doses of estrogen — in the form of a vaginal cream can increase blood flow to the vagina and help to improve sex desire.
Along with this, Male hormones, such as testosterone, play an important role in female sexual function, It can also be prescribed by your doctor.

Please start with counselor, and discuss this issue with your doctor.

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor