khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I want and desperately need a hystrectomy as at 41 i was

Customer Question

i want and desperately need a hystrectomy as at 41 i was thrown into pre menopause due to high stress and in 4 years i have experienced all 5 lifhre stressors as my husband left me 2 years ago and we have a child with autism. i have severe mood swings and crsmoing 18 days out if a 24 day cycle. it is effecting my whole life to the point my ex husband is threathening to take me back to court for full custody as i hae had 6 wrecks in th childree years and my mood swings i know longer get out due to I cannot focus and often feel as if i am going crazy and what to die. I have no quality of life as it is getting to ear i cannot even get our child to his much needed speech therapy appointments i am now 45 and have een dealing with this and the pain along with the grief of my child's diagnois of autism 4 years ago and my husband leaving. as it is becoming debilating and so nit fair to my chid and me as again my wx husbad is threatheing to try and get full custody due to the fact I will not drive duirng the 2 moods i experience during the day as sometimes each 3 times a day or each one lasting 4 hours as they are: agitiation to the point i ma gcoming out ofo my skin. crying jag that last hours and then slf-loathing where i feel not worthy of life. my pychiatrist thought I needed on 4 years ago as I was thrown into pre menapause again at 41 due to sleep deorivation sand living in comstant fight or flight mode-- please some help. I have benn diagnoose dwith 2 pelivc disorders: vestiulitis and pelvic floor dysfunction as well as in 2013 i lived with an extended stomach of 9 inches and after 5 months, seeing 7 doctores and having 6 procedures i was told I had bacteria throughout my pelvic floor and pelvic floor dysfunction where I had biomedioca feed back as I was in an awful wreck in decesmber which has just made every thing worse as my constipation issues once resloved or back the obgyn who promised to give me a hystorcomy is on medical leave i found out today until september as o cannot live like this its not fair to me or my child and i am close to losing my child as i am 45 years old now my periods last 7 days and those 7 days i have one mood major depression and pelvic pain and cramps where my vagina feels as if it is going to explode
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i advocate for a hystrocomy as my pychiatrist says she has had many patients withhout fibriods elect to have one because the mood swings and pain which again I have 19 days out of a 25 day cycle in the last year i have gone from being a regular every 29 days for 30 years using 1 tampon and no cramps to now having crying jags lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours then comes agitiation where i could punch anyone in the face for no reasons and then the self-pity where i feel life is not worth living and i have a child iwth autism who needs me and due to the pain and mod swing it is effecting my relationships and quality of life again to the point my ex husband is ready to take me to court to get full custody? spo again can i be an advocate for an elective hystorecomy when it is completely taking away my well being as o exercose , eat right adn I have seen 7 specialist in 1 year due to all the water I retain and about 4 days before my 7 day period my stomach goes from a 27 inch waste to a 35!!!! i am miserable and again my obgyn who promised to give me one after one year ofmy divorce is out until september and my phyciatrist cannit doit but agrees i need it as she has tried all sorts ofways tohelp. nothing helps and its tsaking away my quality og life and aboutto make me lose custoidy of my child so again I know two of my friends who have elected to have a hystorecomy is is smething you see people due even if no fibroids or found but being thrown into pre menapause at 41 and now the pain and mood swings are debilitaing my life and my abiltiy to take care of my child and meet his needs as something needs to be done it is not depressin or anxity.. just forget it--this was a wate of money
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You seem to have premenstrual syndrome (PMS) or premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). You should try low dose of antidepressant such as fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva), sertraline (Zoloft) if you are not on. They are not for depression or anxiety but for PMS or PMDD. If it doesn't work, you should have birth control pills to stabilize your hormones. If they don't work, we suggest gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist therapy with estrogen-progestin addback. Surgery to remove ovaries is considered only as a last resort, eg, in cases with severe, disabling symptoms that have responded to GnRH agonist and hormone addback therapy for at least six months. You don't need to have the uterus removed but the ovaries.