How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After using metro-gel (which I reacted to & had to stop)and

Customer Question

After using metro-gel (which I reacted to & had to stop)and 3 doses of Diflucan for the yeast infection it gave me, I tested positive for group strep B with a large amount on a culture. I am allergic to penicillin and my gynecologist doesn't want to give me clindamycin as I am 65 & also have gastrointestinal problems which she feels would get worse, plus the risk of getting C-difficile. Does Keflex or any other drug work? I am one of a minority who has unrelenting, severe vaginal burning from the GSB. It has gone on for almost 6 weeks now & I feel as if I have a third degree burn in my vagina constantly...horribly painful and debilitating. I know that most people don't have symptoms from it. She said my vaginal pH needs to be restored & suggested using Trimosan. I am highly allergic & multiply chemically sensitive. That sounds horrid with chemicals used in pesticides, & definitely not gentle. I even have to use Astroglide with no parabens or citric acid. I take quality probiotics & use Vagi-Fem once a week.
Can a person get over a GSB overgrowth or colonization without taking
antibiotics? What about colloidal silver either vaginally or by mouth? I read about some natural cures and that was mentioned. Another cure by a midwife said to put a garlic clove in the vagina overnight for one night. That sounds silly & would burn, but many swear it works. I am in terrible pain & really need help but don't want to do further harm or possibly make it even worse by using Trimosan. Scares me! I use Vagi-fem once weekly which may be helpful. A naturopathic Dr. said to insert organic coconut oil (frozen into cubes first) to soothe and as an antibacterial & antifungal & to try boric acid suppositories. (which also burn) I haven't tried that. Do you have any suggestions that could help me , or is it possible that I could heal & re-balance the vaginal flora without any medications other than probiotics & a no sugar, healthy diet? I am also afraid that it could develop into a serious invasive infection. I have read that it is more of a risk in people over 65 with health issues like diabetes, & I am prediabetic and 65.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should try RepHresh Pro-B.