How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 65266
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have irritation going on down there. Just feels raw and

Customer Question

Hi, I have irritation going on down there. Just feels raw and itchy. A few weeks ago I woke up really bloated and I had a slight discharge and my urine had a yeast like smell so I thought had been early signs of a yeast infection. I used apple cider vinegar and monistat over night treatment. In a few days all symptoms went away and now they just came back except no discharge. It just feels raw and dry. My insurance does not start until July and I have a gyno appt July 5th. I was going to just continue putting apple cider vinegar down there to maybe help if it is still a yeast infection....
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It just came back on Sunday. It started I guess last weekend and went away for only a few days. Saturday it felt like back to normal and then sunday it was really raw. It doesn't really itch its more like an uncomfortable burning/rawness. apple cider vinegar seems to help sooth but not sure if that is making it dryer
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am on birth control but have been on the same one for a while so do not think it is that. I had something similar l last year (it was really painful to have sex) but the doctor said she couldn't find anything but prescribed me a pill. I think it was an antibotic. I have not had sex and with this rawness I really dont want to give it a try ha. I should be getting my period tis week so maybe that will clear it up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


That treatment failed once, and it is likely to fail again.

Although you can use monistat, it would be better to go to urgent care, spend the money and get cultured.

You might have another bug and need a different drug.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here