How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 64410
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 76 female with vaginal problems, First of all I have

Customer Question

I am a 76 young female with vaginal problems, First of all I have not had sex for 3 to 4 yrs. When I met a gentleman of my age. He has no problem with erection and is quite large. When he tries to have sex, it hurts so bad I can not bear it. My primary gave me a pelvic exam..She said I had a tear on th vigina wall and I was swollen and looks like a bruise. I was told to use cordizone cream often. I bleed a little, not much and it stops quickly. I also canot come.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


The problem is lack of lubrication.

An estrogen cream as prescribed by your doctor is what should be used.

OR, you can use a lubricant cream.

I see no place for cortisone cream.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here