Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

Dr I have another question, I am 24 weeks and have a flight

Customer Question

Dr josh I have another question, I am 24 weeks and have a flight to Greece on 27. Weeks to my brother wedding. Can I fly? I live in Los Angeles, to get there I have to take a 11 hrs and 2 hrs flights. I am flying with first class. Please advise.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Welcome back to Justanswer website.

Thanks for requesting me and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, Commercial air travel before week 36 of pregnancy is considered safe.

According to studies, during pregnancy weeks 14 to 27 – is the easiest time to travel.

In case, if you're experiencing pregnancy complications that might be worsened by air travel or require emergency care. If pregnancy is going healthy, then it would not cause complications.

Some airlines, may take a letter from your doctor or midwife confirming your due date, and that you aren't at risk of complications.

I would suggest, that If you for long hours, then you can drink plenty of water and move about regularly – every 30 minutes or so.

You can buy a pair of graduated compression or support stockings from the pharmacy, this will help to reduce leg swelling.

Also, i would make clear that Travel policies vary with each airline, so you can ask about restrictions when you book your flight.

As such it would be safe to take a flight to Greece.

And congratulations for your bother's wedding.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Do you have any follow up questions?

Thank you

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have any follow up questions?

Thank you

Dr.Josh