OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm away on holiday and I had sex with someone 2 days ago. We used a condom and I have a contraceptive coil fitted.

Customer Question
Hi I'm away on holiday...
Hi I'm away on holiday and I had sex with someone 2 days ago. We used a condom and I have a contraceptive coil fitted. It was a little bit rough but I've noticed a brown discharge but I never have a period with my coil. I have no pains or cramping I'm just so worried
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain and I haven't had a period since I've had the coil fitted
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I've been treated for pelvic inflammatory disease before and I have a cyst on my cervix but my gp said it's nothing to worry about
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
6/6/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Since how long are you fitted with contraceptive coil ?

Do you have any vaginal itching?

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

bleeding like this can have a hormonal reason or can be caused by a minor injury due to the intercourse.

Anyway it´s no reason to worry, just await the further progression.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele