Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I did a cystoscopy because I had an urinary infection and my

Customer Question

Hi I did a cystoscopy because I had an urinary infection and my bladder was perfect, the urologist saw something pushing the bladder, what it could be, I did a pelvin ct scan and everything was fine ans=d I don't have any issue with my period, also My gynecologist check me on September last year and everything was fine, she says it could also be the intestine, I have problems going to the bathroom what do you think?
I'm female 43 years old.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Doctor and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

If pelvic CT scan looks okay then probably there is nothing abnormal pushing the bladder, rather it indeed could be normal intestine. However considering you are having symptoms in the form of problems going to the bathroom so it is better this gets investigated further. I am not sure what other investigations have been already done, if not done then you may ask for an Ultrasound of the pelvis and an MRI of the pelvis too. Generally CT scan is good but rarely if something is missed on the CT scan it may show up in the Ultrasound or MRI scan etc. Also you may ask for a clinical evaluation from a neurologist too, because problems with going to the bathroom can also be due to neurological problems and in that case undergoing an MRI of the Spine (especially lumbosacral and thoracic spine MRI) can be of help.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything started with a kidney stone, then I had a UTI for a few weeks, and I continue with some inflammation and I asked my urologist to do a citoscopia because I couldn't handle the stress and then is when she found out about something pressuring the bladder, before all this I never had any sign or symptom on the urinary tract.
She saids it could be a fibroma, but don't gynecologist could feel that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a colonoscopy 2 years ago everything was fine, I only have a diverticula.
Also when you have constipation it coud pressure the bladder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How bad it hasto be the constipation to push the bladder?
or just a regular constipation could do it?

Yes, gynecological examination can identify the fibroma of the uterus, but if fibroma is clinically missed then Ultrasound of the pelvis focusing on the uterus is considered as one of the best investigation for this purpose. If the initial stone was passed then they also need to look for any additional stones which may be the cause for persisting symptoms. also there may be residual infection and inflammation which also can be the cause for persistent symptoms. and as far as the fibroid is considered, most of them are indeed detected by gynecologist during their clinical examination of the pelvis and uterus and an Ultrasound should almost always should detect it. And if colonoscopy was okay in the recent pas then this is unlikely any tumor or growth from the lower intestine. While routine constipation in general should not be the cause for pressure on the bladder, but if there is severe and prolonged constipation then it can obstruct the intestine and the dilated loops of the intestine can indeed cause pressure on the bladder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any kidneystone they did a second ct scan on the ER, also I had my papanicolau last year, and they said my uterus was ok in size and everything, what do you think mostlikely it could be? from time to time I have large stools.
also the two times they the the ct scan the pelvis was fine. Do you think it could be a cancer in the uterus?

Based on the information you have provided it is very unlikely you are having any cancer of the uterus. If you are having cancer of the uterus then you would in general have symptoms like abnormal bleeding etc. And the genecologist would have suspected it during their clinical examination/evaluation too. And CT scan of the pelvis too is good in detecting tumors of the uterus.

You had pap smear which was normal, gynecological exam normal, 2 Ct scans normal, and you do not seem to have any abnormal uterine bleeding – and all these strongly imply that this is unlikely from an uterine tumor or cancer.

Hi, please let me know if you have any further questions for me.