Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I am trying to figure out the difference between

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out the difference between breakthrough bleeding and implantation bleeding as I had an abnormal for me period
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I have regular 28 day cycles before birth control and since coming off. My period always starts heavy with bad cramping for the first 2 days and lasts a while 7 days. This month my period started on time but started with brown thick blood, next day dark red light flow and then the next 3 days back to brown. This is not normal for me and I did have unprotected sex around the time of ovulation via withdrawal method. I've taken a pregnancy test and its negative so I'm wondering if this is normal or if I could still be pregnant.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

in this case I can assure you that pregnancy is definitely excluded. If implantation bleeding occurs, it happens 7-10 days after conception and is very short and low. The bleeding you describe is a normal variation and no reason to worry.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele