Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am a 49 year old female who hasn't had a period in 8

Customer Question

I am a 49 year old female who hasn't had a period in 8 months now I've been bleeding for 3 weeks sometimes very heavily . Should I see a dr or is this menopause
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

Any bleeding other than regular period specially in your age group should be evaluated thoroughly. It can be due to number of causes most common being hormonal imbalance , others include fibroids, uterine wall problems. I would suggest that it is best for you to see you gynecologist as soon as possible so that exact cause can be confirmed and treated accordingly. Take lots of fluids and if bleeding is too heavy then you can go to ER as well to avoid excess blood loss.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.