Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified MD
28323552

Lump in perineum, painful, not draining . : Discoloration in

Customer Question

Lump in perineum, painful, not draining .
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Discoloration in perineum area as well. Noticed Discoloration in January lump is Lima bean sized and noticed it yesterdays
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No. I've had 2 children . 2013 and 2014 via cesarean
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I paid
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

The symptoms you have described of painful lump in perineum is most likely suggestive of a condition called folliculitis.Other less probable cause can be:simple infections of the skin - such as a boil.All of these tend to produce a lump that is reddened and tender to the touch.

Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.

You can apply antibiotic ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.They are available as OTC without prescription.If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor as oral antibiotics will be prescribed and/or the lump may need to be drained by giving a very small incision.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the perineum discoloration. It has turned white? ??
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

This can be a sebaceous cyst which causes whitish discoloration.Swabbing the skin, then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial and yeast cultures will confirm the infection.

Once the infection is cured,the skin of perineum will become normal.

Hope this helped

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any picture that you could attach here for me to be able to give you a better opinion.

Thank you