Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I am 65 years old I have been a widow for 17 years and no

Customer Question

I am 65 years old I have been a widow for 17 years and no sex in that time. I am a diabetic . I am sick of the smell that I get down below I shower everyday I have used soap, shower gels, and soap free gels and soaps but nothing there. I do not get discharge and I do wear cotton underwear. I seem to have done everything but the odour is still there. What can I use to get rid of it please.
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I have had a hysterectomy but still have my overlies.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Since how long you have this bad vaginal odor?

Is there any itching?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it for a long time and no itching
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of bad vaginal odor you are having since long time sounds to be a vaginal infection.You do not have sex for 17 years,but as you are diabetic,you are more prone to get infections.

Although you have no discharge or itching,but still this can be due to yeast or it can be bacterial vaginosis(BV).Bacterial vaginosis is caused by a combination of multiple bacteria.It is the most common vaginal infection. It is treatable with antibiotics prescribed by a health care provider.

Other then infections following can cause vaginal odor:genetics, age, hormonal status and balance, diet, hygiene.

So bot***** *****ne is as you are diabetic,so the most probable cause of this bad vaginal odor seems to be vaginal infection.My best advise for you is to make an appointment with your doctor so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done. Anti fungal and/or antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u I'll go to my doctor and ask.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh