How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 29182
Experience:  MD
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My niece is reaching out for help. Her monthly periods with

Customer Question

My niece is reaching out for help. Her monthly periods with endrometreousis is pulling her down with severe pain and fatigue. The doctors she has seen in the many past years are not doing anything to help her. They will not consider a hysterectomy. I went through this my self, and did not get any help many yrs ago. Any suggestions? She lives in California. Please reply.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is indeed frustrating.

Your niece can be tried on combination hormone pills first to see any improvement.

If that does not work, then anti androgen pills can be tried often with success.

When pills fail, aparoscopic exploration and removal of the endometriosis tissues can be considered to preserve the uterus.

Now, there will be other specialists willing to assist your niece.

Which hospitals you tried so far?

Have you tried Stanford yet?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: