OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have reoccurring BV and haven't found a doctor to help me

Customer Question
I have reoccurring BV...
I have reoccurring BV and haven't found a doctor to help me yet.. I have tried all the creams and pills and nothing will work it's just keeps coming back. Please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
5/29/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

what pills have you tried and for how long?

you do need to see a gyn doctor and get a proper gyn exam and vaginal culture

you could have a vaginal vaginal infection as well which would also need treatment

and you need to increase your probiotic and yogurt intake to help add good bacteria into your vaginal canal

you need to avoid sexual activity and avoid douching as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This has gone on for almost 5 years now. I have taken the metrodonizol countless times the flagistain creams and suppositories.. What is vaginal vaginal infection?

sorry.

vaginal fungal infection.

it sounds like it is time to see a gyn doctor and get a proper gyn exam and evaluation.

you should not continue to just treat yourself over thie.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They all need a referral. Do they not?

no.

this depends on your health insurance policy.

most health insurance plans don't need referral to see a gyn doctor or primary care doctor.

you should call up your health insurance plan to ask them

and ask them to see which gyn doctors are in net work for you in your area

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor