OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Over a week ago (13 days) I switched birth control pills and…

Customer Question
Hey over a week ago...
Hey over a week ago (13 days) I switched birth control pills and my period has lasted 13 days! It usually lasts around 4-6 days no longer then 7. Should I be worried? Should I go see a doctor? Should I stop taking this brand of the Pill?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi

This can be changing the pill, you might adjust.

It can be other problems, such s fibroids that you have not known about.

Time to see your doctor.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/