OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I ham 2 to 3 weeks pregnant and have taken cytotec twice and

Customer Question
had a bit of blood...
I ham 2 to 3 weeks pregnant and have taken cytotec twice and had a bit of blood. Should I be concerned about defects of my baby??
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: What information can I supply you with?
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No I have 2 healthy children. I have taken 4 cytotec once and a day later another 10.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
5/21/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

concerning the use of cytotec the "all-or-nothing-effect" rules. So using the medication like you did can lead to miscarriage, if not there´s no risk for your baby to be feared. Right now you can only await the further process.

Wish you all the best, ***** *****

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I read about all the defects when taking cytotec during the first trimester, are there any chances of my baby having defects?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All of the websites say you should have surgical abortion should cytotec fail. I want to keep the baby but I am scared I might have caused harm.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there Dr. Norbert?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

Different studies have shown that the risk of injuries by the use of cytotec are very unlikely. So I would recommend to keep your baby.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At which stage of the pregnancy would I know no harm has been done to my baby. I am really stressing I shouldn't have done it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are there any defects that my gyne should look out for?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

You should do a precise ultrasound checkup around 12-14 th week. If this turns out fine, there´s no reason to worry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am truly sorry for all these questions. I just want to know what to look out for? Sorry Dr. Norbert
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

There´s no special abnormality concerning cytotec. So a comprehensive ultrasound examination will give you certainty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much. But like you mentioned chances are highly unlikely. I took the cytotec between 1-2 weeks of pregnancy and then just after 2 weeks. If something is wrong with the baby, what would the gynecologist do? Would that be deformation of limbs etc? Now I am so worried.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I shouldn't worry too much? That is also not good for the baby. And like you said it is not likely?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

As I told you, the superior risk especially when taking cytotec so early is miscarriage. So if your pregnancy continues you really shouldn´t worry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much Dr Norbert I am going to have such a good night's rest. And know I will have a healthy baby. Thank you. I also ready it is only to contract the cervix and does not affect the fetus at such an early stage.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

Right, that´s what I told you ;-)

Wish you all the best for your further pregnancy.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much. The Internet is full of nonsense stories. It is so assuring to speak to a professional and not to read all the lies. Thank you kindly again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One more question sorry. If I am 2-3 weeks pregnant now would the date that I conceived be around the 7th of May?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

You are very welcome! ;-)

Please don´t forget a kindly rating, thank you.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes, conception date then would have been during the first week of May.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 1 year ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could blood test give me an exact date or does it work on weeks only? I would like to know day, don't know if that is possible? I took a Clearblue test and that's not very specific.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did calculator on Internet and it said 7th of May
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele