OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had treatment for genital warts but my boyfriend still has

Customer Question
seen a doctor to received...
I had treatment for genital warts but my boyfriend still has seen a doctor to received treatment. Will I worsen or possibly get my warts back if we have sex?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/19/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. SH, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor

Thank you for your question.

The answer is, no you will likely not get genital warts back when you have sex as your body will have antibodies against the virus which will MOST LIKELY prevent the warts from developing again in your case.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor