OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My daughter is using a tampon for the first time and it is

Customer Question
stuck with a loop of...
My daughter is using a tampon for the first time and it is stuck with a loop of skin preventing her from removing it
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Ok thanks
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: She is in the tub now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
5/15/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

These are simple steps she can follow at home to remove the tampon

First, relax and realize that if she was able to get the tampoon in, she can remove it.

Wash your hands with soap and water.

be careful not to use fingers with long nails to manipulate your vagina as this might lead to injury and vaginal infections.

Take a comfortable position, she should come out of the bath.

It may be easier for her to sit on the toilet seat and put her feet on the bath tub or a stool in front of her.

sitting in a bath may soak a dried tampon making it swell up and easy to access.

Bear down as though wanting to have a bowel movement.

This applies pressure on the vagina from above and may push down any tampons towards the entrance of the vagina.

Insert your finger gently into the vagina. If you have difficulty finding the opening, you can use a mirror.

The index finger is often used but you can use the middle finger if necessary.

Reach as far as you can and try to feel your cervix. Do not mistake it for a tampon! W

hen you are not pregnant, the cervix feels like the tip of your nose.

Just behind the cervix is a little pouch that can be a good hiding place for a tampon.

You may use one finger to search around the cervix, sweeping it around its head into the spaces around it.

If you find the tampon, you may have to insert the second finger so that you use both fingers to grab the tampon and gently pull it out. You may bear down during the searching process to help bring any tampon closer.

The tampon may have an offensive odor when you take it out. If you do not seem to find any thing , you can repeat the process again , searching more deeply if possible

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor