Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I'm sixty and was using a. Started bleeding right after.

Customer Question

I'm sixty and was using a dildo. Started bleeding right after. Bleeding through the night although not heavily. Still bleeding this morning, but seems to be lighter. Should a take an antibiotic? I have some left from a UTI infection and do I need to worry? Dildo was newly purchased, never used but we didn't wash it first.
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. It's hard to know for sure. The Gynecologist will figure it out. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Have you used Dildo for the first time in life?

Have you used it with or without lubrication?

Do you have pain in genital area?

Any bumps near genitalia?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not first time in life, with lube, no pain or bumps in area
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, such bleeding could be due to local injury to the vaginal mucosa following a stimulating contact.

You should not use dildo, till you get completely healed.

This can lead to ulcers, sores and infection.

At this time, you should Keep the vaginal area always dry.

Each and every time you pass urine, wash and dry the area with a soft towel.

Also, you should wash Dildo each time, before use.

I would not suggest you to start antibiotic at your own. A clinical examination is necessary for precise diagnosis.

Please consult a doctor - although the bleeding has become very light, there is a chance that there could be an injury to surrounding organs like the urethra, the bladder or the rectum and an examination will be the best idea.

Please see your doctor and get it managed.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business