OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and have an issue with

Customer Question
I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant...
I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and have an issue with reoccurring yeast infections. A Dr. Prescribed Fluconazole(Diflucan Eq) 150MG to me, and I was told to take one every 3 days for 3 days. I was curious if it was ok to take that, being that he previously stated that they don't normally prescribethat medication to pregnant women, because the pills were at low risk for still birth. It's my first child so I'm pretty paranoid, sorry.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/12/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

You are correct

this absolutely is NOT okay

It is pregnancy category D

I wouldn't take it

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor