Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I went to a clinic yesterday to have myself examined because

Customer Question

I went to a clinic yesterday to have myself examined because I've been experiencing pain/swelling around my vaginal opening. my doctor told me I have folliculitis but I've also had heavy, pinkish discharge and wasn't sure if that was also caused by the infection or could be something else. I only had one pointed bump yesterday and today I have three new ones, despite having started antibiotics.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I would trust your doctor' diagnosis and examination

what antibiotics are you on?

you should makes sure you are taking probiotics daily to prevent diarrhea from antibiotics.

make sure you finish the course

some infections can be resistant to certain antibiotics.

so you might have to try this one and see if it helps

if you finish the course and you still have symptoms, you might have to go back to the doctors and try another course of antibiotics.

let me know if you have other questions.