DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

I am getting married Saturday and I'm on the nora be birth

Customer Question

I am getting married Saturday and I'm on the nora be birth control pill, I was told to skip the last week and start a new pack to try and skip my period and now I have breakthrough bleeding and I don't wanna be like this the day of my wedding and especially My honeymoon
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: Just this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Any other medical issues?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiBreakthrough bleeding can always happen.This can be affected by stress.It can be affected, most commonly, by hormone fluctuation.Problems with the thyroid, liver, kidney, can cause this: very unlikely.YOu did not mention any medical problems.I suggest you call the doctor, and reduce stress as much as you can.It is possible to give you stronger hormone.I don't consider that ideal. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can take for this to at least get lighter or stop anything ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Nothing on your own.Only a stronger prescription from your doctor.Black cohosh root extract to some extent can stabilized hormones.Only do that under your doctors supervision.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of medication can work from my doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The black cohosh extract can work a bit ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Stronger hormone, perhaps a shot.Black coshosh, maybe. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I would not recommend any hormones or cohoshyou need to see your doctor and have your meds adjusted and blood work for hormonal issues