OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had a test done for bacterial vaginosis several week ago.

Customer Question
The test was very painful...
The test was very painful and I still have pain from it.
I have never had sex, I have never had any of these kinds of tests done before.
My hymen was intact, I saw it for years, you couldn't miss it, and I am having a harder time seeing it now than I did before. Can a speculum tear your hymen? And Is that why I still have pain?
It's very noticeable pain all the time, it hurts even when I sit.
I have never had vaginal pain issues or any Gyn problems before this.
I have very regular periods. I am now a week late on my period too.
I've not been off more than a few days either way in years.
Can you please give me some ideas here.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
5/4/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Basu, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes a speculum can tear the hymen causing pain and discomfort.

This should heal gradually over time.

Your infection also should be treated.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor