How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Board Certified MD
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1983 I had silicone breast implants because (two doctors

Customer Question

In 1983 I had silicone breast implants because (two doctors opinions) I had precancerous fibrosistic tumors. Today, which is 33 years later both of the inner cores of the implants have ruptured. I am concerned about the need to have these implants removed asap. I understand there are complications from even a leak into your body. Don't know which Dr. I need to go see. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

You should see a cosmetic surgeon or a plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast implants or any surgeon who does breast implants should be fine.

You need to have these implants removed, in that there is no doubt.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards