OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having vaginal pains and I havent started my period…

I am having vaginal...

I am having vaginal pains and I havent started my period yet

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.

I started having sex for the first time about a month ago, and we used protection and I had my period and it was fine. Then I got on birth control and we have sex about 2 more times after that, also with protection. I am a college student so I have been under an extreme amount of stress lately because finals are coming. My period has not started and I am one day late. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. The only problem is im getting pains in my vagina. It started last week after we had sex. i dont know if maybe i pulled something and it is sore, Im not sure. what is worrying me is the period thing.

Doctor's Assistant: It's hard to know for sure. The Gynecologist will figure it out.

How do i ask the gynocologist?

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?

Im scared

4/25/2016
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

severe stress from your finals can cause your period to be late. this is not a sign you are pregnant because you have been use

sexual activity can cause you vaginal to be sore.

don't worry

you will get your period in a day or so.

try not to stress

good luck on your finals.

you will do fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
What happens if my period never happens? Should I take another pregnancy test?

your period will come in the next few days

I guarantee it

I also have one more question. So the pain I am feeling in my vagina area is quite weird. It feels like it is on top of the front of my vagina and it feels tight. And my inner leg kind of hurt. But i get some piercing pains sometimes, they aren't that uncomfortable just very minor. But it is starting to make my lower back kind of hurt. They don't feel like normal cramps. They feel very different. Do you know what this could be? Like I said, I just started having sex a couple months ago but I also haven't started my period so i don't know.

they sound like your symptoms are sore muscles from having sex.

But it has also been over a week since I have had sex and the pains are still there and it hurts worse when I sit down.

it could be your anxiety getting the better of you

or from constipation or bladder infection possibly. you should get your urine checked for bladder infection.

Can that effect me not having my period?

I bet it is your anxiety and stress at school which is causing you to have a delayed period.

I am now currently 4 days late. And still no period. I went ahead and took a test and got a negative.
I had protected sex the 17th and my period was supposed to start the 23rd but never came but once again I said I was on birth control.Is it to early to tell if I'm pregnant? Because the test came back negative today. But some places say way 14 days till after having sex.And the abdominal pains I was having have started to go away but it's just weird, they feel like gas pains in my front abdomin. It's like pains in the front and then it starts to hurt my lower back.What does that sound like?

you can go to the hospital and get blood tests to check for pregnancy which are more accurate than urine testing.

but I bet they will be negative.

I bet you are late from stress at school which can even cause you to miss periods completely.

it sounds like stress is causing you to have a late or missed period.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com