OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I extended my last cycle by 2 days (meaning i took birth

Customer Question
Hi, so i extended my...
Hi, so i extended my last cycle by 2 days (meaning i took birth control for an extra 2 days), then started my next pack 2 days later. I had unprotected sex during the first week (day 6) but on missed day 5's pill. I took both pills on day 6. It's day 8 now and out of paranoia, the past 2 days i've been double dosing. ūüė¨ Is there any chance i could have gotten pregnant? I'm taking diane 35 btw.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/24/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

As long as you take a double dose once the day after missing a pill you are OK.

Double dosing beyond that is simply overdosing.

You can take a blood pregnancy test at anytime, even early on.

I don't think you are pregnant.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the fact that i started my pack later than i should have would not have affected the effectiveness of the pill?

no.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician